Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Custom Sasha Doll: Palila


Happy Summer!

Just finished a new custom Sasha doll (who has now been adopted). Here are some photos:


Her name is Palila (a type of Hawaiian finch), and she has a brown wig with lots of little curls.

Her eyes are painted hazel - brown around the edges, greens inside with hints of brown and gold. A darker green rims her irises. She was painted with artist acrylics after all original paint was removed, and the paint is sealed with a matte sealer.


I made her dress - a simple cotton cream-colored piece with brown stripes. It snaps in the back. When I have customized Sasha dolls in the past, I often wished for a simple dress that I could make in different colors for each doll. I finally decided to just make one myself. All seams are finished.
The doll is in great shape - she even still has her round Sasha wrist tag. She'll come with a handmade hang-tag with info about her, and her right foot will be signed by me.


Her lips are also repainted with just a hint of shading, and she has a scattering of freckles across her nose.

(Not intended for children under the age of 12. Although the paint is sealed, heavy play is not recommended. Gentle play is encouraged!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is super. Great work! You can read her character in her eyes, pose, even in her curls, everything.
Alessandra