Thursday, January 7, 2010

Paz

Finished my first doll for 2010!  I'm calling her Paz, as she has a dove and a little olive branch painted on her.

She's small - about 13 inches high. I originally made her to be a cloth doll, but really didn't like painting the face on cloth, so I made her head of paperclay and sculpted her face.

She's got lambswool hair, a little net skirt, and button joints so she can sit comfortably.

Her boots are painted copper and have little swirly designs on them. I forgot to photograph her back, but she has white wings painted there.

Three more dolls are in the works! One is going to the Arts Alliance (now Creative Albuquerque, a local nonprofit) fundraising auction tomorrow. One is going to be part of the Art Dolls Only Traveling Doll Project, to be unveiled February 1. The third... probably on Etsy.  And more will be on their way soon.